Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Invite

On Wednesday, May 5th, we are going to New York City for 5 days.

Our Delta flight leaves Portland at 6:30 AM and arrives at JFK about 3PM.  We'll take the AirTrain and subway into Manhattan to check into our apartment at 235 W 48th St---right in the middle of things!  Plans for the evening include a walk down Broadway through Times Square, sunset at the top of the Empire State Building (7:55PM-NY time), and a short subway ride down to the East Village for tapas at La Paella, then on to Katz's Deli "Where Harry Met Sally" for pastrami sandwiches and Katz's lagers.

You are invited to visit the blog and follow along.  At the end of each day we'll add text and pictures, but there is a 3-hour time difference, so you'll most likely be reading about our doings the next day.

Hope you come visit the blog and leave comments (if you have a google account).  We are looking forward to an excellent New York City adventure and would love to hear from you!

Glenn and Sharon  

6 comments:

  1. Very cool invite! Am excited to check your blog and compare your adventure to the one we had last Oct. - Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool site. I, of course, love your picture. :-). I am looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the above listing. I guess it used the name I used for our blog. I did not notice until I signed out. I hope that I have fixed it. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun trip. Mom and I just viewed your Wednesday post. She's in Phoenix with Questers. She takes a tour Friday of Taliesen West and Gammage. Enjoy your trip! (Go Suns!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon and Glen,
    Have fun in my home town. The hottest cafe in Brooklyn these days is called The Iris. Let me know if you want more info. Bon Appetit! A lovely museum is The Morgan with a very nice
    restaurant. Enjoy! Giselle

    ReplyDelete